Java client tomcat
Pierre Gilquin
2010-04-08 16:58:07 UTC
Hi all,

I have a WO 5.2.4 app running on Tomcat 5.5.
This serves web pages and a Java Client (pure Swing no nib)

The java client works perfectly on my development Windows machine (direct or Tomcat) but in deployment (Unix), I get the
following exception when invoking a remode method on session :

com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException for java.io.IOException: The response from the server was invalid (there
may have been an exception): Apache Tomcat/5.5.9 - Error report HTTP Status 404 -
/Mara2/WebObjects/Mara2.woa/wo/rtruPdCrowKuVWURkbSlt0/0.0.0.1.0type Status reportmessage
/Mara2/WebObjects/Mara2.woa/wo/rtruPdCrowKuVWURkbSlt0/0.0.0.1.0description The requested resource
(/Mara2/WebObjects/Mara2.woa/wo/rtruPdCrowKuVWURkbSlt0/0.0.0.1.0) is not available.Apache Tomcat/5.5.9
at com.webobjects.eodistribution.client.EOHTTPChannel._skipHeadersInResponse(EOHTTPChannel.java:871)
at com.webobjects.eodistribution.client.EOHTTPChannel._responseToMessage(EOHTTPChannel.java:531)
at com.webobjects.eodistribution.client.EOHTTPChannel.responseToMessage(EOHTTPChannel.java:603)
at com.webobjects.eodistribution.client.EODistributedObjectStore._send(EODistributedObjectStore.java:594)
at com.webobjects.eodistribution.client.EODistributedObjectStore._send(EODistributedObjectStore.java:623)
at
com.webobjects.eodistribution.client.EODistributedObjectStore.invokeRemoteMethodWithKeyPath(EODistributedObjectStore.java:1045)
at mara2.gui.app.LookUpData.login(LookUpData.java:132)

On the Unix deployment machine, the session is created but the remote method is never invoked. I didnot see any
exception.

Thanks in advance for any idea.

Pierre
Pierre Gilquin
2010-04-09 17:05:37 UTC
I have seen the followwing exception coming from EODistributionContext :

SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.webobjects.eodistribution.EODistributionContext
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.webobjects.eodistribution.EODistributionContext

WARNING: Cannot serialize session attribute WOSession.Mara2 for session 5667EA58F425DF33EF5CB84C4B727594
java.io.NotSerializableException: com.webobjects.eodistribution.EODistributionContext

Seems it cannot serialize the session. Can it be from a file permission too restrictive ?
Where the session are serialized ?

Thanks
Pierre Gilquin
2010-04-11 19:21:00 UTC
When connecting directly to Tomcat (8080) with my Java client, I dont have any problem.
If I am correct, the problem is between httpd and the redirection to Tomcat.

With my web host, this is done by mod_proxy. Is there any incompatibilies between distributed EOs and mod_proxy ?
Any idea/workaround ?

Thanks in advance.

Pierre