Java client and ntml proxy
Pierre Gilquin
2011-03-07 14:51:57 UTC
Hi all,

I am trying to use a java client inside a entreprise network using an ntml proxy for accessing the outside world.

Seems that java cannot pass that kind of proxy. At least, I was not able to do it.
cntlm.exe -c cntlm.ini -v
cntlm: Proxy listening on 127.0.0.1:3128
cntlm: Resolving proxy TheBorringProxy ...
cntlm: Workstation name used: localhost
cntlm: Using following NTLM hashes: NTLMv2(1) NT(0) LM(0)
cntlm: PID 980: Cntlm ready, staying in the foreground

Then I start my java client :
java -Dhttp.proxySet=true -Dhttp.proxyHost=127.0.0.1 -Dhttp.proxyPort=3128 MyClass -applicationURL http://www.externaldomain.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppli.woa

But not better, the java client cannot create the socket :
com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException for java.io.IOException: Timed out trying to create Socket
at com.webobjects.foundation.NSSocketUtilities._getSocketWithTimeout(NSSocketUtilities.java:145)
at com.webobjects.foundation.NSSocketUtilities.getSocketWithTimeout(NSSocketUtilities.java:100)
at com.webobjects.foundation.NSSocketUtilities.getSocketWithTimeout(NSSocketUtilities.java:58)
at com.webobjects.eodistribution.client.EOHTTPChannel.createSocket(EOHTTPChannel.java:401)

Am I missing something ? May be I am wrong about the way i start my java client ?

Thanks for any idea.

Pierre