Excessive WebObjects Locks
Vicky C. Miller
2009-06-19 23:07:35 UTC
We're running into an excessive dead locks issue. Our issue is occurring
where the code uses EOEditingContext and other objects in the WebObjects API
that acquire a com.webobjects.foundation.NSRecursiveLock.

In a particular Java process, 145 threads are all locked up and are not
waking up.

A thread that is locked up, happens in

at SOLARConfig.enabledOnlineExamTools(SOLARConfig.java:656)

and looks like

"WorkerThread164" prio=5 tid=0x00410380 nid=0xc9 in Object.wait()
[0xca5fe000..0xca5ffc30]

at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)

- waiting on <0xd9ada680> (a
com.webobjects.foundation.NSRecursiveLock)

We are running WebObjects 5.2.4 / Solaris 8/Java 1.4.2_7. Is it resolved in
a later version of WebObjects and/or Java. Does anyone have a resolution.

A dump file from our system is attached.

Regards,

Vic