accent in url parameter of DirectAction
Pierre Gilquin
2010-07-21 10:31:16 UTC
Hi all,

I am working with iso-8859-1everywhere in my app (html and db).
I have a DirectAction with parameters.
When parameter has accent (ex : ../MyApp.woa/wa/MyDA?menu=café), I dont get the correct word "café" in my java code.
I know it is the same malediction from the begining of computer with the limited ansi code.

Any idea how to deal with this ?
Thanks in advance.
Pierre
Jérémy DE ROYER

Pierre Gilquin
2010-07-21 10:58:32 UTC
Thanks but it is worst, I get some %3F instead of any accentued character.

Jérémy DE ROYER
2010-07-21 11:35:49 UTC
Why not using URLDecoder.decode(s) ?

Jérémy
Pierre Gilquin
2010-07-21 12:04:42 UTC
URLDecoder.decode(s) doesnot change anything !

Any accentued characted (éàèç ...) is replaced by byte = 63 (???)
I used this for a workaround :
I have replaced 63 with *. That makes my db happy on my dev windows machine but with the real deployment on linux, it doesnot work.

Miguel Angel Torres Avila
2010-07-21 17:48:51 UTC
Hi Pierre.

I think you should use

URLEncoder.encode("café", "UTF-8");

to set the parameter when calling the direct action.

In the Direct Action you should use something like

String menu =
URLDecoder.decode(request().stringFormValueForKey("menu"), "UTF-8");

Tha way you should have no problems.

Hope this Helps.
Post by Pierre Gilquin
Hi all,
I am working with iso-8859-1everywhere in my app (html and db).
I have a DirectAction with parameters.
When parameter has accent (ex : ../MyApp.woa/wa/MyDA?menu=café), I
dont get the correct word "café" in my java code.
I know it is the same malediction from the begining of computer
with the limited ansi code.
Any idea how to deal with this ?
Thanks in advance.
Pierre
Ing. Miguel Angel Torres Avila

P Antes de imprimir, piense en el Medio Ambiente.
Pierre Gilquin
2010-07-22 07:36:00 UTC
Muchas gracias Miguel, merci beaucoup Jérémy,

It is working this way !

Pierre