sql to update existing database?
Ondřej Čada
2012-02-19 14:09:14 UTC
Hello there,

is there a script or Entity Modeller tool or whatever to generate a "diff" SQL for given model and existing database, so that tables get created for new entities, but updated (by adding columns) for the already existing ones?

Seems to me basic enough functionality for someone already have done that, but can't find anything on the web...

Thanks and all the best,
---
Ondra Čada
OCSoftware: ***@ocs.cz http://www.ocs.cz
private ***@ocs.cz http://www.ocs.cz/oc
Chuck Hill
2012-02-19 14:11:17 UTC
I don't recall anything like that. It does sound like it would be useful if the project was not started with Wonder Migrations.

Chuck
Post by Ondřej Čada
Hello there,
is there a script or Entity Modeller tool or whatever to generate a "diff" SQL for given model and existing database, so that tables get created for new entities, but updated (by adding columns) for the already existing ones?
Seems to me basic enough functionality for someone already have done that, but can't find anything on the web...
Thanks and all the best,
---
Ondra Čada
Chuck Hill Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.
http://www.global-village.net/gvc/practical_webobjects
Ondřej Čada
2012-02-19 14:39:32 UTC
Chuck,
Post by Chuck Hill
I don't recall anything like that. It does sound like it would be useful if the project was not started with Wonder Migrations.
Thanks.

I've tried to rig something, but alas to do it right is not exactly a hour's work, so at the moment I'm afraid I'll stick with doing the diffs manually :)

All the best,
---