WORedirect and %-escapes?
Ondřej Čada
2011-09-09 15:33:55 UTC
Hello there,

looks like this should be a trivial problem with trivial solution, but probably having my dumb day I can't find a simple one.

I've got an URL (to a static file on a server), whose name contains accented characters. When this URL, with the accents and all, was bound to WOHyperlink.href, it worked flawlessly.

Now though I need to return the same URL through a WORedirect, and I've bumped into a problem.

WORedirect tries to be smart, and translates accents to %-escapes. The catch is, it uses some Latin encoding, and thus e.g., 'á' (a acute) translates to %E1. That's wrong though, since the encoding needed to access files on the web server is UTF-8; thus, the 'á' must be translated to %C3%A1, if at all.

Do you happen to have any hint to

(a) make WORedirect use UTF-8 for %-escapes, or
(b) do UTF-8 %-escapes programmatically before I set the url to WORedirect, or
(c) make WORedirect not to %-escape at all, which does provably work all right?

Thanks and best,
---
Ondra Čada
OCSoftware: ***@ocs.cz http://www.ocs.cz