ERModernDirectToWeb question
Paul Halliday
2011-02-22 16:34:39 UTC
Hi

I have a WOLips Project which is leveraging ERModernDirectToWeb. Can I prequalify a dataset for an entity query page? To clarify -- I want to use the power of the Query Page but only search against a predetermined fetch datasource.

Kind regards

Paul Halliday
David Holt
2011-02-22 17:21:42 UTC
Hi Paul,

Yes. There are a couple of different ways to do that but I think that the easiest to keep track of is to use a ERDQueryDataSourceDelegateInterface. Ramsey has made extensive notes about that on the wiki: http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/D2W+Flow+Control

Here's a simple example I use to make sure that any documents returned by a query are qualified by the working group of the person who is logged in:

private EOQualifier qualifierFromSender(ERD2WQueryPage sender) {
WorkingGroup wg = WorkingGroup.wg();
EOQualifier q = Document.WORKING_GROUP.eq(wg).and(sender.qualifier());
return q;
}

And the corresponding rule: 100 : (pageConfiguration = 'QueryEmbeddedDocument' or pageConfiguration = 'QueryNormalDocument') => queryDataSourceDelegate = "my.app.delegates.WorkingGroupDocumentsQueryDataSourceDelegate" [er.directtoweb.ERDDelayedObjectCreationAssignment]

David