WO and Vaadin
Joseph Larson
2015-02-06 21:56:10 UTC
I’m looking for more forward-looking solutions than pure HTML pages, but we have a significant investment in WebObjects. I do not want to re-architect my entire system in new technology, but want to make more incremental changes.

We’ve done some pages in GWT, which works, but I’m not fully satisfied with it, either.

Vaadin looks really cool. Has anyone tried embedding Vaadin within an existing WebObjects app? Vaadin expects to run as a servlet, so it sounds like making this would would involve getting WO to act as a servlet container. I’m sure it’s not as simple as that, however.

Is anyone still deploying apps in WebObjects but doing things to provide a better user experience than generation of pure HTML?

-Joe
Paul Hoadley
2015-02-06 22:06:14 UTC
Hi Joe,
Post by Joseph Larson
I’m looking for more forward-looking solutions than pure HTML pages, but we have a significant investment in WebObjects. I do not want to re-architect my entire system in new technology, but want to make more incremental changes.
We’ve done some pages in GWT, which works, but I’m not fully satisfied with it, either.
Vaadin looks really cool. Has anyone tried embedding Vaadin within an existing WebObjects app? Vaadin expects to run as a servlet, so it sounds like making this would would involve getting WO to act as a servlet container. I’m sure it’s not as simple as that, however.
Is anyone still deploying apps in WebObjects but doing things to provide a better user experience than generation of pure HTML?
I'm not sure how many people still subscribe to this list. You'd probably be better off reposting to:

webobjects-***@lists.apple.com
--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/
pierreB
2015-02-11 07:33:54 UTC
Did you try wogwt (http://code.google.com/p/wogwt/) ?
Really great !
You can do as little as adding gwt on existing wo page or send all you
EO and build new UI

Pierre
pierre
2016-09-17 15:28:00 UTC
I try to adapt the ClientSideRendering of the AjaxExample2
(http://webobjects.mdimension.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/AjaxExample2.woa/wa/PageAction/ClientSideRendering)

Instead of writing the client in javascript, I would like to use GWT.
I am looking to any idea to use the service defined on the JSONProxy
class with GWT :

public class JSONProxy {
public NSArray<ComplexPerson> family() {
return _people;
}

public void voteForPerson(ComplexPerson person) {
_people.get(_people.indexOf(person)).vote();
}
}

Thanks in advance of any hint
Pierre
https://github.com/wocommunity/wonder/tree/master/Examples/Ajax/AjaxExample2
p***@bluewin.ch
2016-11-01 11:42:30 UTC
Hi ,

I have a Wo(nder) app deployed in Tomcat.

I need to an additionnal servlet to run.

So my standard config in web.xml is :
<servlet>
<servlet-name>woServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>er.extensions.jspservlet.ERXServletAdaptor</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>woServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/TestWORF/WebObjects/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

The additionnal servlet come from GWT, the addition in web.xml is :
<servlet>
<servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.RequestFactoryServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>symbolMapsDirectory</param-name>
<!-- You'll need to compile with -extras and move the symbolMaps directory to this location if you want stack trace deobfuscation to work -->
<param-value>WEB-INF/classes/symbolMaps/</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/gwtRequest</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

With a config like this, the url used for accessing requestFactoryServlet is : /TestWORF/WebObjects/gwtRequest that goes to the woServlet.

How can I changed the servlet config in order that the gwt request goes to the correct servlet ?

Thanks in advance