Snow Leopard deployment
doug andrews
2009-07-08 20:13:04 UTC
We have a developer seed of OSX 10.6, snow leopard.
It did not come pre-installed with a WebObjects deployment, but i've
been trying install and deploy a WebObjects app anyway.
I installed the latest developer tools, and the latest WebObjects
(5.4.3) deployment, and was able to get JavaMonitor up and running.

Our WO App works fine in direct connect mode, but I can't seem to
access it using the normal cgi-bin/WebObjects url.

Whenever i try access a URL in the form of http://hostname/cgi-bin/
WebObjects/appname, the Apache2.2 web server throws an error.

The error in web server log is:
child pid xxxx exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Is there something wrong with my wo adaptor?
Has anyone tried WebObjects deployment on OS 10.6 yet, or seen this
error before?

-Doug Andrews
David Wetzel
2009-07-13 15:21:48 UTC

I have seen this when I had a 32 bit adaptor module (build from
source) on a 64 bit apache (from apple).
Maybe your apache module was compiled against a different apache
version?

Did you try another (old) machine as web server?

David Wetzel
Mike Schrag

doug andrews