Fetching EOs in Vertical Inheritance
Saif
2015-01-24 20:11:24 UTC
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use Vertical Inheritance,

Abstract ParentEntity "Applicant"

"Person" and "Company" as two Child entities of Applicant,

Person and Company both can have "Applications", so Applicant has
"toApplications" a toManyRelationship with "Application" table,

Applicant has a boolean field isActive,
Person has a field FirstName,

My goal is to fetch the applications where application.toApplicant isActive
= true and Person.FirstName = 'Saif' sorted by Person.FirstName.

Application does not have any direct relationship with Person.

What should be the Qualifier for such?

So far I could not find any :( What I did as workaround is to first fetch
all persons which are Active and typecast the Persons to NSArray<Applicant>
and us in qualifier with Applications like
Application.TO_APPLICATION.in(person), but I don't think it is a good way to
fetch,

I will really appreciate any kind of suggestions,

Thanks,
Saif.
Paul Hoadley
2015-01-26 01:30:46 UTC
Hi Saif,
Post by Saif
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to use Vertical Inheritance,
I'm not sure the mailing list you've posted this to is widely read any more. You should try re-posting this to:

webobjects-***@lists.apple.com

I imagine there are a lot more people reading that list than the Omni Group list. (I didn't even know I was still subscribed to it.)
--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/
Lachlan Deck
2015-01-26 04:49:55 UTC
Yes I was surprised to receive this email too :-)

I would also suggest jumping across to webobjects-***@lists.apple.com

And having had quite some experience with Vertical Inheritance some years ago, I would suggest that you avoid using it by rethinking your model. You’ll run into problems.

Two possibilities:
- roles
- single inheritance.

Good luck.