WOLips Entity Modeler Reverse Engineer
Chad Pilkington
2010-05-07 14:28:23 UTC
I am using WOLips 3.4.5830 and Eclipse 3.4.2. I am trying to reverse
engineer some MySql tables in the Entity Modeler which does not seem
to work. I read some talk of a bug. Has there been a fix or a
workaround for this yet?
David Wetzel
2010-05-07 17:14:11 UTC

I am currently working on EOModelEditor for GDL2. Depends how much time you have ;-)

Cheers,

David
Mark Ritchie
2010-05-08 05:21:22 UTC
I am using WOLips 3.4.5830 and Eclipse 3.4.2. I am trying to reverse engineer some MySql tables in the Entity Modeler which does not seem to work. I read some talk of a bug. Has there been a fix or a workaround for this yet?
Hey Chad!

Yeah... Reverse Engineering is broken in Eclipse 3.4

The relevant patches to fix it were submitted here:
http://issues.objectstyle.org/jira/browse/WOL-1077
http://issues.objectstyle.org/jira/browse/WOL-1078
http://issues.objectstyle.org/jira/browse/WOL-1079

Download the source, patch with the above bits and launch as per:
http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Debugging+WOLips

Unfortunately, there's a platform problem on Windoz with at least one of the patches above so the patches haven't been applied to the respository.

This is what I do to get Eclipse running with a version of WOLips where reverse engineering works.
The reason that you get no feed back is fixed by one of the patches above.. All the exceptions are eaten by code which should never have been committed... IMHO! ;-)

This is needed for Eclipse 3.4.
I'm told that it's not likely to be fixed.
Reverse engineering works in 3.5.
So, perhaps it's time to investigate switching versions! ;-)
M.
Stephen R Smith
2010-05-08 13:11:07 UTC
I've got an Eclipse 3.5 install that I just use to reverse engineer
databases, then I move the model into my working space (3.4.x)

Steve

Stephen R. Smith
Align Software Inc.