Snow Leopard deployment
Stavros Panidis
2010-02-19 09:47:49 UTC
Hi all,

I am trying to deploy on a SnowLeopard server. The same machine is used also for development and everything works fine. Also JavaMonitor works but when I try to access application in the form of

http://hostname/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyApp.woa

I get the following error:

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

hostname
Thu Feb 18 16:36:11 2010
Apache/2.2.13 (Unix)

Is there any help on this?

Many thanks in advance

Alex
Matteo Centro
2010-02-19 09:54:15 UTC

looks like your apache doesn't know how to handle cgi-bin/WebObjects requests... By default SL server doesn't have a WebObjects adaptor, unfortunately you can't use an adaptor compiled from Leopard because Snow Leopard is 64 bit, you must compile it yourself.
There is source code in wonder.

Hope it helps,

Matteo

Matteo Centro

Altera
www.altera.it
Johann Werner
2010-02-19 10:29:01 UTC
Hi Stavros,

no need to compile the adaptor yourself. There are several precompiled versions of the adaptor available for download. So is the one for SL:

http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wonder/mod_WebObjects/Apache2.2/macosx/10.6/mod_WebObjects.so

jw
Hi,
Post by Stavros Panidis
Hi all,
I am trying to deploy on a SnowLeopard server. The same machine is used also for development and everything works fine. Also JavaMonitor works but when I try to access application in the form of
http://hostname/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyApp.woa
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
hostname
Thu Feb 18 16:36:11 2010
Apache/2.2.13 (Unix)